Beeswax is the all natural, non-toxic waxy substance secreted by bees after they consume honey. Bees use this wax to construct their honeycombs so it is environmentally friendly, safe, and non-toxic.
100% beeswax candles undergo no chemical processing and are biodegradable, it burns very clean with little smoke when trimmed properly. The bees are not harmed in the production of beeswax candles.
They clean the air by releasing negative ions into the air. These negative ions bind with toxins and help remove them from the air.
Beeswax candles are the oldest candle known to man and prized since ancient times.
Individuals who suffer from breathing difficulties such as asthma or allergies should consider burning only pure beeswax candles, and burning the candles for 30-60 minutes in the bedroom before sleeping can help clear the air for more restful sleep. Beeswax candles are also best to use in the kitchen where they will help neutralize odors without tainting food with artificial aromas, and they can also be used in a home office or any other area where there may be a large concentration of use and lingering odors. Beeswax candles can even be used in a nursery to clear the air for young and delicate lungs, but remember that burning candles should never be left unattended around children.
Beeswax candles are reputed to have several health benefits, including
- Lower Toxicity: Because beeswax candles are all natural, they do not produce toxic byproducts and heavy soot when burned. Some types of candles produce minute traces of chemicals known to be carcinogenic, but this is not a problem with beeswax candles.
- Neutralizing Pollutants: Beeswax candles produce negative ions when burned, and those ions help to neutralize pollutants in the air. This helps eliminate dust, odors, and mold in the atmosphere, easing allergy and asthma symptoms and improving breathing for anyone nearby.
- Relaxation: The simple act of burning a candle has relaxing properties and can aid in stress relief and meditation. The mildly sweet, natural honey scent of beeswax candles can aid that relaxation without being overwhelming as artificially scented candles can become.
- Safety: Because beeswax candles are all natural and produce no byproducts, they are naturally drip less when used properly and are thus safer to burn. This avoids the risk of burns and other injuries that can result from burning other types of candles improperly.
- Light: Beeswax candles have the brightest, purest light of any candles and are closest to natural sunlight. If the candles are to be used as a light source, this can help minimize eye strain and reduce headaches.
Get your 100% pure beeswax candles at Cameo Blooms sizes vary.